Terms and Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Machu INKAS TREK EXPLORER EIRL (“MAINTREEX” or the “Tour Operator”), you (“you”) agree to these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”).
Your reservation is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Make sure that the names are exactly those indicated in the corresponding passport.
YOU WILL PAY A DEPOSIT THAT IS NON – REFUNDABLE IN ANY SITUATION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
You will be asked to show the original passport (not a copy) with which you booked, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your passport expired along with your new valid passport to allow entry or they will refuse your entry to the trail and Machu Picchu.
The only acceptable identification to receive a student discount is your university card with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as a hike. Identifications with expiration dates the following year, although clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must send a copy of this card at the time of booking.
Cancellations: Your deposit is 100% non-refundable. If you need to cancel for any reason, as you get closer to your tour start date, there may be additional cost due. There are absolutely no exceptions (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out-of-pocket expenses are not reimbursable to us.
ONCE RESERVED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. THE FOLLOWING CHART DESCRIBES WHAT OTHER FEES WILL BE PAID.
CANCELLATIONS BY TERMS
- If you cancel within 6 weeks of your start date, 60% of your TOTAL TOUR COST DUE
- If you cancel within 2 weeks of your start date, 80% of your TOTAL COST OF THE TOUR IS DUE
- Within the week of your trek (7 days) 100% of your TOTAL COST OF THE TOUR IS DUE
TOURS THROUGH THE INCA TRAIL
PERMITS: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Changing dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be confiscated. Please note that this is a Peruvian government regulation and not MPC (or any agency).
In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for security reasons, MPC will replace your trek with an alternative trek.
Those who reserved PERMITS with a student ID must bring that ID with them on the walk. If you do not show this card to the Park Rangers, you will not be allowed on the trail.
- You must inform MPC of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should see a doctor. If you are over the age of 70, then you will need to provide us with a current medical certificate of good health.
- You are responsible for evaluating whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your doctor to confirm your fitness to travel and participate in any planned activities. You should seek your doctor’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, level of fitness and medical requirements.
- MAINTTREEX reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense when the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition makes you unfit to travel or poses a danger for you or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator can refuse to carry pregnant women for 24 weeks. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodations or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- It is strongly recommended to purchase travel insurance to protect you in the event of a medical emergency or any tour cancellation.
TOURS AND WALKS
- All balances must be paid in cash, Visa debit credit card, or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing to be held the night before your departure.